Monday, October 24, 2011

English 5387: Publications Management - Progress Posting 7

Question: Create a basic XML document, using at least five unique elements and five complete data sets. Post a link to this exercise on your blog along with the answer to this question: How might XML a viable technology for use in one of the deliverables for your single-sourcing project?

The basic XML document is located at http://www.scruffypuphotdogs.com/author_notice.xml. I used some of the paragraphs from the Notice to Authors document that I am using for my final project for my data. However, I am not sure that XML is the most appropriate choice for my Notice to Authors project in the small scale and with the technology currently available to me. In my image for the large scale project, I see my company using the same technology that we use to produce books. Each chapter in the book is created as an XML document and then it is pulled together into a whole at the end. I see us assembling each section of the NTA separately and pulling the required sections for each journal, along with journal specific information, into the final document. On the large scale, this makes sense.

On the small scale of this project, not so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home