Sunday, February 15, 2009

Week of 2/16 Blog Post

This week I am supposed to focus and reflect on my previous blog posts and perhaps add to them. I am choosing to do this in the form of a new blog post. I’m a rebel, I know.

My first blog post was simply an introduction. I have nothing really to add to that.

In my week of 1/19 blog post, I discussed Interaction and my struggle to decide on a website topic. As I posted later, I have decided on a webpage and it is taking form at http://happyhealthyjessica.com. I have shown it to the class twice now, and I am working to incorporate many of the suggestions. I am also working on putting together the things that I need for my multimedia component. Unfortunately, some of the pictures have been difficult to find. I am imagining a movie/slideshow moving among pictures of me at different stages. I hope that I can bring my vision to life. I believe that I have created interaction by including two blogs on my site. Although, no comments have been posted, I am hopeful that someone will read them sometime.

In my week of 1/26 blog post, I wrote about communication, transparency, and participation. My personal website is all about communication and transparency, and I hope there will be some participation. My transparency is by necessity limited. My husband does not want me to include my last name anywhere on the webpage to protect our privacy.

My week of 2/2 blog post was about websites that I find to be good examples of what I want to do with my homepage. Those examples still stand. I hope to get at least partially there.

In my week of 2/9 post, I talked about Meadows three principles. I am still working on how to incorporate those principles into my homepage.

I have shown my homepage twice and have had lots of feedback. I am hoping that this week, I will get to see more of my classmates’ pages. I want to pirate some good ideas.

2 Comments:

Blogger CSL said...

Jessica, I am learning so much from the development of your website and from everyone's suggestions. In many ways, you are the forerunner in this class, because you are taking online publishing to a differing level! Thank you for letting us watch. I think we learn more when we witness "the process."

Do you like the blue background on your website? You have created an entirely different mood--a bright yet soothing place--when you added the blue. You also improved the page by decreasing the contents of your pages. I don't like to scroll unless I'm looking for something (so the scrolling on the link and book review pages is fine), so as a user, I appreciate how concise your pages are.

Your blogs are a very special addition to your page. Yours is so matter of fact...it shows a more scientific side of dieting. Andrew's blog is more emotional, which really surprised me. He is so honest: about his dislike for journaling and his respect of how committed and honest you are. (He obviously values and admires you greatly.)

You are really creating an interactive and transparent masterpiece.

February 16, 2009 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just a quick comment or two before I toodle off to class:

Love, love, love the color change. That blue is so much happier, and in keeping with the tone of your narrative. I could actually feel my eyes relaxing when your page came up, I think!

I think you should re-target your links; open links to outside sites in new pages. I think it's a significant enough break with the rest of the site that it'd be a good choice. Personally, I don't like to have to back up to get back to the site I was originally viewing.

I'm enjoying the extra dimension that your husband's blog brings. Having multiple perspectives on the same story is an awesome idea and an important element of interactive narrative; most importantly, it's--for me--a powerful dimension of your site.

Tre awesome.

February 16, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home